Medical Experts Want Psycho-active Drugs in the Water Supply to Make Coronavirus Defectors “Co-operative”
Four days ago the Conversation – an “independent source of news and views, sourced from the academic and research community” – published an article headlined:
‘Morality pills’ may be the US’s best shot at ending the #coronavirus pandemic, according to one ethicist.
The article’s author is Parker Crutchfield, an Associate Professor of Medical Ethics, Humanities and Law at #WesternMichiganUniversity, and his argument can be broken down into four key points:
1. Wearing masks and #socialdistancing are good for #publichealth
2. People who refuse to follow these rules are “defectors” who need to be “morally enhanced”
3. This moral enhancement can be achieved with medication to make people more “empathetic” and “co-operative”
This medication should be compulsory and/or administered secretly via the water supply.
I swear I’m not exaggerating. Not even a little bit. To absorb the full horror I suggest you read it for yourself (and then read the comment section as well, it will make you feel better) but, if you’re not so inclined, here are some choice quotes:
“…like receiving a vaccine to beef up your immune system, people could take a substance to boost their cooperative, pro-social behavior.”
“Moral enhancement is the use of substances to make you more moral. The psychoactive substances act on your ability to reason about what the right thing to do is, or your ability to be empathetic or altruistic or cooperative.”
“These substances interact directly with the psychological underpinnings of moral behavior […] Then, perhaps, the people who choose to go maskless or flout social distancing guidelines would better understand that everyone, including them, is better off when they contribute, and rationalize that the best thing to do is cooperate.”
“Another challenge is that the defectors who need moral enhancement are also the least likely to sign up for it […] a solution would be to make moral enhancement compulsory or administer it secretly, perhaps via the water supply.”
This isn’t just a panicked response to an unforeseen emergency, Crutchfield’s area of bioethics research focuses on “questions like how to induce those who are noncooperative to get on board with doing what’s best for the public good”, and a look through his articles reveals that this is an agenda which pre-dates our current “pandemic”.
There’s The epistemology of moral bioenhancement from 2016 and then Compulsory moral bioenhancement should be covert from just last year.
This isn’t just about masks, if it were implemented it would be a lot more far-reaching. From masks to vaccines to anything else, beyond even the “pandemic”. The author admits as much himself [our emphasis]:
But a strategy like this one could be a way out of this pandemic, a future outbreak or the suffering associated with climate change.
Happy Pills in our water to make us proper cooperative citizens? “Covert moral enhancement” to produce “superior post-persons”?
That is literally “Soma” from Huxley’s Brave New World. It can’t be satirized or exaggerated. It is the very zenith of dystopian horror. And it is being seriously suggested by research scientists in apparently respectable publications.
This may be just one article in a comparatively small (and murkily funded) magazine, but that’s how it starts.
Of course, it also further feeds into the stream of propaganda which seeks to dehumanise those who express dissent.
We’ve already been told that “defectors” are more likely to be narcissistsor psychopaths, and seen them subject to police brutality with total impunity.
New Zealand are setting up “quarantine centres” where you will have to stay “indefinitely” if you refuse a to be tested.
And now it’s being seriously posited that those who refuse to comply should be subject to covert medication to render them more malleable to the “public good”.
It’s not hard to see where this is going. Show this article to everyone you know. People have to be told what their world is being turned into, while we still have the brainpower to stop it.
- The HPV Vaccine: An Ethical DilemmaIn 2014 there were numerous reports of mass hysteria and mystery illnesses spreading around the small town of El Carmen De Bolivar, Colombia. According to an article published by CBS, there was a steady increase of young women being hospitalized in this small town, all of which reported the same symptoms of fainting, numbness and tingling of the hands and feet, and headaches. Speculations about the Gardasil vaccination arose, but were disregarded by the mayor of the town stating that “there is no evidence the vaccine, which has undergone extensive testing and regulation is to blame” (CBS, 2014). According to this statement, he is not necessarily wrong, because the clinical trials of this vaccine have been proven to have misleading conclusions due to errors in the study design.
- We Are Entering Into A “War Period” & What’s Ahead is Horrifying Unless We Wake UpFollow us on social media We Are Entering Into A “War Period” & What’s Ahead is Horrifying Unless We Wake Up
- Protesters Armed with AR-15s Corner Police During Violent ProtestsIn the wake of the latest police shooting in #Kenosha, #Wisconsin, protesters armed to the teeth with semi-automatic rifles have faced down an armored personnel carrier, amid widespread rioting, looting and violence
- The Van Guy Drops Knowledge
- Police Shoot Man 7 Times in the Back in Kenosha, Wisconsin – Sparking More Outrage